Fall Photography Workshop
Fall Photography Workshop
Please note: our Fall Photography Workshop is not taking place this year, but we are still offering fall photography tours in Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park. Check out all of our tours on the menu to the right and contact us with questions or to book your trip.
While Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks offer outstanding photographic opportunities throughout the year, the arrival of fall brings a special magic to the area. Deep, rich golds, crisp blue skies, frosty mornings, and perhaps a dusting of snow transform these incredible locations into something truly spectacular.
Autumn is also one of the best seasons to view and photograph wildlife as the animals are very active. An outstanding element of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks is the fact that wildlife are found throughout the area. As we move between locations, we’ll stop along the way to photograph whatever animals we may encounter. Elk, Moose, Bison, Deer and Antelope are in the middle of the rut and the Grizzly and Black bears are on the feed; fattening up for their long hibernation.
I’m excited to offer a Fall photography workshop to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Combining the two parks into one extended tour gives us the time to explore more of the regions beauty, and the dates for the tours were chosen to coincide with what is typically peak time for fall colors in the parks.
Day 1: Grand Teton National Park
Pre-Dawn pick up at your hotel, arriving early on location to capture the sunrise as it bathes the Tetons with warm light. After working the sunrise location, we will move on to the parks other iconic landscapes while searching for wildlife. The morning session is approximately five hours long and we’ll then return to Jackson for a lunch break during the harsher light conditions of midday. The tour will reconvene around 3pm for an afternoon/sunset segment, returning to town around 8pm
Day 2: Yellowstone National Park
Another early morning to again take advantage of the great light on the mountains. On our drive to Yellowstone, we will be on location to photograph another beautiful landscape of the Tetons at sunrise. The tour then proceeds to Yellowstone along the lower loop, visiting West Thumb and then the Upper, Middle and Lower Geyser Basins. We'll then travel to the Norris Geyser Basin and continue on to the Canyon area. After photographing Yellowstone Falls, our next locations are in the Hayden Valley. Our lodging is at the Lake Hotel in the Pioneer Cabins, a National Historic Landmark and a wonder in its own right. We will be lodging in the Pioneer Cabins and there are dinner reservations at 5 but we may just grab a quick meal to spend more time on location at sunset.
Day 3: Yellowstone National Park
Our 3rd day begins with a sunrise shoot of Yellowstone Lake. We will then head north to the Mammoth Terrace area and photograph the geothermal features as well as the Elk that tend to congregate here. The next destination will be the spectacular Lamar Valley, one of the very best locations in the lower 48 for wolf and Grizzly sightings. As we begin to make our way back to Jackson, we’ll visit some lesser known areas of Yellowstone. The workshop will conclude with another pass through Grand Teton National Park during the early evening.
Depending upon participants arrival dates, a welcome dinner may be possible the night before Day 1 of the workshop.
- Lodging at Yellowstone Lake Lodge Cabins
- Binoculars and Spotting Scope
- Gitzo Tripod and Monopod
- Box lunches days 1 and 2
- Continental Breakfast days 1 and 2
- Organic snacks and beverages
- Hotel Pick-up
- Tour Dates: September 21- 23, 2018
- Rates: $1795/participant
- Group Size: Minimum of 2 participants with a maximum of 3
- Deposit: $595 per participant with balance due 60 days prior to start of tour.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refunds will be issued to cancellations made 120 days prior to tour date. For cancellations made 120 – 60 days prior to the start of the workshop, a full refund will be given if the slot can be re-booked. Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to the tour are not refundable. AlpenGlow Tours reserves the right to cancel a workshop if the minimum of two participants is not reached.
- Luggage: Due to space limitations, participants may be limited to one suitcase, a camera bag and tripod depending on group size. Arrangements may be made with your hotel to store any additional luggage.
- Park entrance fees are not included
Fall 2018 Photography Workshop
Our Fall 2017 Workshop is now full; spaces are now available for 2018!